What is OMR sheet? What are its various types? How is it filled? Know all about OMR sheet and how it is a useful data extraction source for so many industries and sectors.
What is OMR sheet?
The sheet that is specifically designed to be processed only with the OMR sheet checking software is known as OMR sheet. These sheets have got a very particular pattern with circles that need to be marked or highlighted according to the relevant answer or when selecting an option. OMR sheets are designed with the help of dedicated OMR software and mainly consists of black dots, index lines, circles and boxes for signature or image.
What are the types and classifications of OMR sheet?
OMR sheets are of different types and are basically designed according to its purpose. OMR sheets are used in various sectors and industries for following reasons-
- 》 Conducting different types of MCQ based tests for competitive exams, entrance exams, mock tests or class tests.
- 》 To collect data on large scale such as through surveys, questionnaires, Olympiads or application/registration forms.
- 》 For other types of purposes such as creating checklists, feedback forms, ballots etc.
Also its application has been found in corporates for the purpose of training and appraisals.
Further OMR sheets are classified according to the way it is printed and its design. Below mentioned are its types-
Black and White OMR sheets
These sheets are printed on a clear white paper and are in black white print.
Colored OMR sheets
In some cases OMR sheet printing is done in colored format as they are more easily read by the OMR reader. The most common colors that are used to print colored OMR sheets are pink, blue, green and orange. Colorful OMR sheets are also used when the technology used for reading the sheets is old.
Duplex OMR sheet
These are double side printed OMR sheets that are designed to accommodate large number of questions on a single sheet. In case of application and registration forms these type of OMR sheets are used.
OMR sheets with Barcode
1D and 2D barcodes are printed on the OMR sheets to give them a unique identity. They are basically used for feedback forms where candidates are not willing to disclose their identity. Also these barcodes help in avoiding any type of malpractice at the time of evaluation or examination.
OMR sheets that are folded
Certain OMR sheets that are specially designed for feedback and application forms are created on longer sheets of paper. Such sheets are designed with a crease line from where the OMR sheet can be folded without damaging the pattern or disrupting its purpose. This is done to prevent the sheets from getting torn and tampered when being collected and transported.
Traditional OMR sheets
These OMR sheets are printed on papers that are thick in volume. Instead of having index points they have got time lines. These days OMR sheet checking and designing software are efficient enough to design, scan and read traditional OMR sheets as well as sheets that are on plain paper and photocopied.
What are the instructions to fill OMR sheet?
OMR sheets are very sensitive and if handled in a wrong manner then it can generate inaccurate data. Also its design or pattern can confuse candidates as to how the sheets are supposed to be filled; this is the reason why certain instructions need to be followed when filling the sheets-
- 》 The bubbles should be only filled with a black or blue color ball point pen.
- 》 When filling the bubbles for the chosen option you need to fill the exact circle that has been provided for that particular option. For example, if the correct option for the question given is “A” then you need to highlight the circle that has been given for the “A” option.
- 》 The correct circle should be filled completely and no space should be left in between or even near the boundaries of the circle.
- 》 When filling the circle the pen mark should not extend the boundary of the circle.
- ✔ 200 Question OMR Sheet Sample
- ✔ 180 Question OMR Sheet Sample
- ✔ 120 Questions sample OMR Sheet
- ✔ 40 Questions OMR sheet Sample
- ✔ Sample OMR Sheet of 60 questions
- ✔ NEET OMR Sheet 2020
- ✔ Free OMR Sheet for Practice & Mock Test