OMR sheet is a specially designed printout containing a unique pattern that is elliptical or circular bubbles or boxes in which the candidates make marks using a black/blue pen or pencil.
Once the process of marking gets over the sheets are processed with the help of bubble sheet reader/OMR sheet reader software and further, the information gets converted into data.
Various Uses of OMR Sheet:
- ✔ Recruitment assessments
- ✔ Application Form
- ✔ Feedback Form
- ✔ Multiple Choice Bubble Sheet
- ✔ Admission Form
- ✔ Survey Form
- ✔ Registration Form
- ✔ Questionnaires sheet
- ✔ Ballet Paper
- ✔ OMR answer sheet
- ✔ Training and Assessments
- ✔ Attendance Sheets
- ✔ Process Control Sheets
- ✔ Inventory cards
- ✔ Mark Sheet
- ✔ Award Sheet
Designing of OMR sheet
The main property of the OMR sheet is the type of columns and blocks used on it. It defines the application of the sheet as to for what purpose it is being designed.
On a bubble sheet, you can place many different types of blocks such as:
- ✔ Blocks for MCQ sheet- answers are created in the format of ABCDE.
- ✔ Blocks for the numeric pattern- answers are created in the format of 0,1,2,3.
- ✔ Blocks for Matrix pattern- Created for true & false type answers and column matching type responses.
- ✔ Blocks on Alpha-Numeric pattern- used for collecting name and other details of a candidate.
- ✔ Blocks for image- Created to capture the candidate’s signature and picture.
- ✔ Blocks on OCR pattern- it captures the sheet/form No. from the text that is pre-printed.
- ✔ Blocks for Barcode- For capturing sheet/form number.
The designing of OMR sheets takes place with the help of Verificare sheet designing software which comes integrated with the Verificare software.
When designing a bubble sheet it is important to keep in mind that the dimensions and parameters should be in accordance with the proper OMR requirements. So it is important that the sheets to be read are made using professional OMR sheet design software like Verificare.
The benefits of using Verificare for designing bubble answer sheets or forms are:
- ✔ Free inbuilt sheet designing tools and customizable templates are available.
- ✔ You can create your very own OMR sheet designs on any size of paper.
- ✔ You can create a desired layout that contains a large number of questions.
- ✔ In general an A4 size sheet can accommodate up to 300 questions that have 5 options.
- ✔ Verificare can create and read bubble patterns on both sides of the sheet.
- ✔ OMR sheets can be designed on any paper size and quality. No special paper is required.
Instructions to print OMR sheet
- ✔ Make sure that the designed OMR sheet is final and that no further changes are required.
- ✔ Attach printer with the computer.
- ✔ Verificare can print sheets with any normal printer which makes it highly cost-efficient.
- ✔ Now go on the print option and select. All the printing functionalities will be operated from that very same option.
What type of paper should be used while printing the OMR sheet?
Printing OMR sheets is a task of precision and requires proper attention so as to produce accurate results. Verificare can easily print bulk OMR sheets without any hassle and extra effort. Another benefit of using Verificare is that there is no dependency on any specific paper type.
- ✔ You can select any paper size ranging from a legal, letter, A3, A4, A5, etc.
- ✔ The quality of the paper is measured in terms of the GSM scale which is Gram per Square Meter. You can print sheets on paper ranging from 95 to 120 GSM. 95 GSM paper is lightweight and can be folded easily so we personally refer to a paper that is above 100 GSM.
Free download OMR Sheets for practice
You can also get OMR Sheet PDF to download from here:
40 Question OMR Sheet Sample
60 Questions OMR Sheet Sample
100 Questions OMR Sheet Sample
120 Questions sample OMR Sheet
150 Question OMR Sheet Sample
180 Question OMR Sheet Sample
200 Question OMR Sheet Sample
NEET 2020 OMR Sheet Sample
How to fill the OMR Sheet Quickly and Correctly?
Verificare OMR software – A complete OMR solution
Verificare OMR software guarantees 100% accuracy. Integrated with exceptional OMR technology, Verificare serves as remarkable optical mark reader solution capable of handling the complete sheet processing cycle right from the start till the end.
Handling answer sheets/bubble sheet with Verificare is a simple five step process – Designing, Printing, Scanning, Reading and evaluation. All of its steps are backed with individual features that make the process smooth and hassle free.