OMR has been playing a significant role in simplifying the process of conducting examinations. OMR has many benefits over traditional answer sheets. There is no surprise that examination authorities are relying on the OMR Based Examination, which is after the advent of technology. So far there were many abrupt changes, even then it has managed to overpower the conventional form of the examination process. OMR sheet scanning is mainly used for competitive examinations. Due to the ongoing covid pandemic, many schools are relying on the OMR exams. Keeping that in mind, many organizations have introduced OMR exams for schools.
How OMR Exam would benefit the Examination authority?
OMR exams are benefiting exam conducting bodies for conducting a safe and secure examination. Here are the few advantages of OMR Exams :
- Timely on-site scanning: It offers 100% accuracy and eliminates the risk of fraud. The OMR based exam plays an important role in reconciling data and preventing it from data manipulation. The data is stored on the cloud and scans the sheet with the help of OMR scanning software.
- Restraint from data fudging: To eliminate data leakage or data fudging, the OMR exam is an alternative method for streamlining the examination process. It ensures that data is stored at every stage.
- Accurate and encrypted data storage: After scanning is done, data is analyzed with the answers to evaluate the score. If the data extracted is not secured, it could lead to data mishandling. In OMR-based examinations data is stored in a secured format to ensure the level of security.
During the lockdown situation, keeping the student’s future in mind, CBSE is coming to a step forward to rely on the OMR-based examination. As of now, health safety is a primary concern. The apex regulatory body is having an opinion to alter the mode of teaching till the next academic calendar. The online examination system has made life easier for the students as well as teachers. Now students have the liberty to give the exam from their home. A secure system is necessary for maintaining the authenticity of the exams. Due to this primary reason, many schools have been working on OMR software for schools for complete supervision.
Online Examination Trend
The OMR based examination is overpowering the conventional form of examination because of its numerous benefits. It provides an effective mechanism for conducting an examination at minimal operational cost. The majority of institutes, colleges, and universities are conducting exams on an online platform as it offers 100% accuracy and safety, and easy data storage.
Importance of security in OMR Based Examination
OMR Exam provides security and flexibility to govern the end-to-end process right from question paper pattern to processing results. It ensures that the test is conducted in a fair manner. There shouldn’t be any scope of cheating during examinations. Therefore, ensuring safety is important in the online exam.
Techniques to make examination secure
- Secure Browser: Secure browser prevents the user from accessing any browser while you are giving the online exam.
- Remote Proctoring: In remote proctoring, the invigilation is automated and a test can be proctored from a remote location as well.
- Audit Logging: All the activities like login, logout, and question navigation.
Hence, the whole process of examination has changed in this ongoing pandemic, therefore, the exam conducting bodies are fully dependent on the OMR software for school to streamline the examination and also maintain the security of the exam.