OMR stands for Optical Mark Reader or Recognition OMR is used to read forms which have variable size field entries and the entry can be in form of a check mark, a cross, or some scribble. These forms include but are not restricted to automated entry sheets where the user needs to fill in an oval shape with a number 2 pencil. OMR usually needs a blank form and a definition of entry zones. The OMR detects marks in the scanned image and classifies them accordingly.
Timing Tracks are rectangular blocks on the side of OMR Sheets which defines the location of rows on the sheet. Timing Tracks indicate where to read for marks and indicate where to clip for images. Timing Tracks are very important in OMR Sheets as they need to be placed in the straight line along oval blocks as incorrect placement will lead to non-readable OMR Sheets.
OMR Sheet is document which is printed with OMR specifications, our OMR Software can read a normal paper OMR sheet or OMR Scanner OMR Sheet.
OMR Sheet is one of the "security print document" which is configured in such a manner that it is difficult to reproduce by anyone else, but easy to be identified by the owner as original. The idea behind using these sheets is to make form processing “An Easy and a Fast process". These OMR Sheets are extensively used by educational institutions across the world. They meet the needs of -
- Competitive & Standard Examinations
- Data Procuring Process
- Image Acquisition
- File Conversion
- Data Extraction
- File Read/Write Commands
Any desktop scanner can be used with OMR Software but ADF (Automatic documnet feeder) document scanners are the most preferred one.
Any type of normal paper can be used for printing OMR Sheets. But it is recommended that its dimension should be near to A4 size paper as most of the scanners are A4 in size.
Yes, OMR software supports multiple answer questions.
Yes, OMR software supports negative marking.
Data can be exported in XLS (excel sheet) and TXT (text) format from Smart Reader. Test Analytics reports can be exported to all possible formats like PDF/XLS/DOC/HTML etc.
Yes, the result directly be SMS or Email to the student
Yes, the result directly can be published direct online on the website.
The recommended OMR Sheet width is 8.5 inches which is standard A4 sheet width. The height of the OMR Sheet can increase as per the requirement.
The accuracy of the data captured is 100%, if circles are properly filled.
- Name of Applicants
- Application Number
- Test Centre
- Test Code
- Date of Examination
- Roll Number
- Course Applied For
- Mailing Address
- City / Town
- Pin No.
- Mark your responcse only in the space provided for the purpose. Response marked elsewhere will not be considered. Fill the boxes/circles in the form completely and then precede to darken relevant circles/boxes
- OMR Form has to be filled using HB pencil. Please fill the appropriate circles with due care.Avoid over-writing
- Completely darken the respective circle for your response.
- You may change a mark by completely erasing the wrongly filled circle. The erasure should be complete and without any smudges as partially erases mark may lead to wrong reading by the computer.
- Please do not write on mark on this application form outside the demarcated areas.
- Do not make any stray marks on OMR Application Form.
- Ensure complete correctness of data
- Mark multiple bubbles only on multiple choice questions
- Do not mark any thing on four corners and bottom sheet indentiication place. Any changes in four corner and sheet indentification blocks will lead to rejection of sheet and no result will be generated for such sheets.
- Do not tick the circles.
- Used only HB pencil and black pen to fill the circles properly
- Do not pin the staple any thing with the OMR Application form
- The OMR Application Form should not be folded
- If you mark more than one bubble in a single choice question to answer will considers being wrong